Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hi all, Valentines Day 2009
Just wanted to add an update. Today I attended the funeral of my sweet friend Kim Madsen, who has been battling ovarian cancer now for 4 years. She was such a remarkable example of living life to its fullest. She was a master gardening, and very talented in directing, acting and choreographing theatre productions of all kinds. She loved dance, computers, writing and to read, but most of all she loved people. At her funeral, she was given special permission to do a video of her testimony and a say final goodbye. Her words truly touched me as she talked with such courage and wisdom about what she knew would be certain aspects of her life after death. I was especially touched by two things that she said. First, "People are so much more important than things and nothing in our lives is worth withholding forgiveness". She chose forgiveness in her life and it made a world of difference. She also said something like, "We don't want to look back and see one day that we could have had more in this life, had we just made different choices." She was the kind of person that created magic wherever she went. She was an incredible gardner and found peace and rest there. She also remarked, "You can always find beauty among the thorns." I'm so grateful I was able to know and learn from such a beautiful person.
Here's a quick little layout of Lizzy!

1 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Once again, thanks for telling about Kim's funeral. Brings tears to my eyes. Today's had to be amazing! This layout is gorgous - colors I know you love and that match this little granddaughter perfectly! What'd'ya think!!! Fun, and so easy. I love that we share this hobby. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love you, Nat

MY-tunes