Sunday, October 5, 2008

October Update

Just a bit of news. Ummmmmm Hmmmmm Not much has happened really, except what you already know. Synthia is in Uruguay and is doing great. Stan is having fun at Utah State. I don't know about his grades. His hearing is improving a little bit, but next week he is going to go to get steroid shots, right in his ear. Ouch. Shana and Justin have adopted my first grand-dog, as Shana called her last night. Her name is Milly. She is half pit bull and half lab. YOWWY. But actually she is gentle (sort of, she is being trained), and adorable. She got seriously injured last week when she tried to jump out of the truck, but was leashed in. (Lots of stitches and scrapes, but she is doing better.) She ripped a toy giraffe to pieces last night until she got to the squeaker. It was a little scary thinking about what she could actually could do to me. I took the toy away for a second and she was NOT happy. I got a small nip on my hand. lol (Once again, she is in training.) She is about 9 months and wasn't cared for very well by her previous owner. (Sad).

I'll send photos later,
Laura

5 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Hi my sissy. Ouch! with the pit bull-slash-lab grand-dog! Nip is nice word and doesn't leave blood thank goodness. I know you're busy and this October Update doesn't spell out much of what you do mostly. I check here pretty often and am GLAD to see this post. Lots of love, hang in there, Nat

Dana said...

I'm glad to hear that Stan likes it there i had fun too! I was also going to tell you that if you only have your first name not the last on your blogs then it won't be as easily found. So just ask all your friends and family to only have Laura on thier link list as opposed to Larua smoot. Make sense? I totally understand the privacy thing....

from Laura Smoot said...

Hey mom I love your bloggy blog blog. Milly is such a cuty dog. WHen you were in Dallas Shana went to her house and Milly had ripped up the neck brace she had for her stitches. To pieces. Literally for a while shana could not figure out what it was. ha ha funny huh?

Shayla

Shay said...

Oh mom, I accidentally put it on yours. Sorry

Shay said...

OH mom, look on my name I changed it so it only said Shay shay instead of Shayla Smoot.

LOVE YOUUU!!!
and your blog

MY-tunes