Sunday, January 31, 2010

6 weeks and counting


December was a fun month, lots of changes, family and friends. I love you all!!!

Sister Smoot, aka Synthia only has 6 weeks left on her mission. We are excited to be able to go and visit the people she has gotten to know, taught the gospel to and been touched by. What seems to happen in situations like this is that these wonderful people teach us so much about life, humility and God. Synthia will miss these dear friends alot. We may have to mop her up off the sidewalk as she says goodbye.

I am really enjoying teaching at Wasatch Peak Academy. I teach Spanish to four different groups of children in K, 1st, 3rd and 4th everyday. A benefit I'm really loving is that I'm learning Spanish words and phrases better than ever. I'm learning to deal with being a teacher on wheels, since I visit their classroom, and am really enjoying the clean house once a week that I put this money towards.

It's also been so fun this last month to have a newborn around. Baby Russell is a total doll and we love him so much. Shana and Just are such great parents. Shana is happy and that makes me really happy. Has has brightened my life for sure.

Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

are you kidding me!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOT! What a fun page to be on. WOw! Love your scrap page. ! Love it. Talk to you soon. Me

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

oh, too, also, AND . . . may I Puh-lease have that picture of Shay-
Shay on the scrap page. The one where she's smiling, near the bottom, hello, like there's no tomorrow. E-mail. ASAP. As in, now.! Love ya. Me again. :)

Sandra and Brent said...

I was so excited that you left a comment on my post from CLEAR back on December 9th because I just knew that meant that you had updated! I loved looking over the scrapbook page and checking out the photos of Russell. Thanks for the update. Love ya, Sandra

RATCH said...

I can't wait for an update on Synthia coming home and your trip to Uruguay! Lots of pictures please. :)

MY-tunes